We're building the most exciting product in travel.
We sift through all the flights, accommodation and destination content in the world to help travellers have the most amazing and affordable adventures.
We have several years' R & D in engineering & UX, a large and growing audience, a vibrant culture and a super-talented team.
All we need now is a killer designer...
Update 11-Jan: We had a wonderful response to this listing when we first posted it a week ago, and a few of those who applied are already starting to help us out with some work. But we can make room for anyone who is talented and excited about what we're doing, so it's not too late to get in touch!
Adioso is the world's travel search engine focused on discovery and inspiration. It's the only service purpose-built to help you discover the coolest destinations and the best times to visit them.
Right now we need a visual/graphic designer who can help us scale new heights in travel product aesthetics.
Why you should talk to us:
- We have a world-first technology platform, 3 years in the making, that answers broad and open-ended natural-language travel queries insanely fast.
- We intimately understand the complex travel market and how to fix the pain points for airlines, accommodation suppliers and travellers.
- We've solved the hardest technology problems and have a sound business model, and we're primed for rapid growth.
- We're backed by some of the best in the business - both in travel the travel world and in Silicon Valley, including Y Combinator.
- We've attracted the attention of some of the world's biggest travel companies, and have a bunch of huge deals in the works.
- We're focused on building not only a great product but a great company, with the most awesome culture of any company in travel.
In particular, we want:
- People with several years' experience designing beautiful web and mobile products.
- People who respect and love working with insanely-talented engineers.
- People who have strong opinions about design and are able to assert and justify them to a team, but who can be flexible and pragmatic about getting products shipped.
- Whilst being a brilliant designer is sufficient for us, naturally any ability to slice and code will be a huge bonus (we use jQuery, Sass, Python & Django).
- Ditto for UX, interaction design, and any other skills & experience that would enhance your capacity to produce wonderful online experiences.
- People who have an adventurous side. You're interested in travel (and have ideally done a lot of it) but you're also adventurous enough to pack your bags and join us in San Francisco or Melbourne, Australia.
- People who are not only highly talented but are modest, friendly and sociable. If we're going to be in this thing together we'll need to get along.
In case you're wondering:
- We're happy to consider any level of engagement including full-time, part-time, contract, internship or one-off project
- If you're happily employed now but may be interested in joining us in the future, please get in touch so we can get to know each other.
- We'll be happy with a remote working arrangement initially, but we're after people with a willingness to relocate eventually if things work out.
- We can offer generous remuneration including equity and cash once our current funding round closes. If you're only willing to work for cash, that's fine, but please do get in touch now, it takes a while to complete the hiring process, so it's best we start talking asap.
- Yes, if you work with us you'll get loads of time off to travel to cool places.
So, are you ready to run away and join a startup?
If you are, please email email@example.com and kick things off by telling us a bit about yourself (try to keep it under about 120 words!) and pointing us to some of your best work.