Do you love travel?
Are you the best Python/Django hacker you know?
We have the perfect job for you...
Update - 4 Jan 2012
From this listing, we now have a team of six engineers, located in USA, Australia, France & Brazil, producing brilliant work and giving us terrific momentum.
But, there's always room for more talented, passionate people.
If anything about what we're doing piques your interest, we'd love to hear from you!
Update - 15 Sep 2011
Nearly 3 months on, we now have a great team of engineers working together well and producing some amazing work. We're progressing rapidly in building a new architecture for our platorm, and have designs nearly completed for the new version of our product. The commercial partnership deal mentioned below is progressing well and promises accurate airfare inventory, monetisation and huge opportunities for audience reach.
Whether you're interested in joining us now or in the future, please get in touch!
Update - 30 Jun
In the 2 weeks since we posted this, we've been humbled by the number of outstanding people contacting us, for this and other roles, and even people just saying "I love what you guys are doing, please let me be involved somehow!".
But we want all the very best people we can possibly find, so we're putting it out there one more time to see who else might be inspired to join the adventure.
We've also mostly closed a major partnership deal that should start generating huge revenues and growth within months.
This is a huge opportunity to join a team of A-players who are redefining online travel. Don't miss the chance to be part of something amazing!
Adioso is the world's first search engine for long-tail travel. It's the only service purpose-built to help you discover the coolest destinations and the best times to visit them.
Right now we need talented, enthusiastic Python/Django developers who can help us add features to our product at a phenomenal rate.
Why you should talk to us:
- We have a world-first technology platform, 2 years in the making, that answers broad and open-ended natural-language travel queries insanely fast.
- We intimately understand the complex travel market and how to fix the pain points for airlines, accommodation suppliers and travellers.
- We've solved the hardest technology problems and have a sound business model, and we're primed for rapid growth.
- We're backed by some of the best in the business - both in travel and Silicon Valley, including Y Combinator.
- We've attracted the attention of some of the world's biggest travel companies, and have a bunch of huge deals in the works.
- We're focused on building not only a great product but a great company, with the most awesome culture of any company in travel.
In particular, we want:
- People with several years experience in one or more common web languages & frameworks. We use Python/Django, but we're happy to hear from any great developers who can learn fast.
- People who have an adventurous side. You're interested in travel (and have ideally done a lot of it) but you're also adventurous enough to pack your bags and join us in San Francisco or Melbourne, Australia.
- People who are not only highly talented but are modest, friendly and sociable. If we're going to be in this thing together we'll need to get along.
In case you're wondering:
- We're happy to consider any level of engagement including full-time, part-time, contract, internship or one-off project
- If you're happily employed now but may be interested in joining us in the future, please get in touch so we can get to know each other.
- We'll be happy with a remote working arrangement initially, but we're after people with a willingness to relocate eventually if things work out.
- We can offer generous remuneration including equity and cash once our current funding round closes. If you're only willing to work for cash, that's fine, but please do get in touch now, it takes a while to complete the hiring process, so it's best we start talking asap.
- Yes, if you work with us you'll get loads of time off to travel to cool places.
So, are you ready to run away and join a startup?
If you are, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and kick things off by telling us a bit about yourself.